On Feb. 13, moments after Colorado Reps. Emily Sirota and Sonya Jaquez Lewis introduced the Health Care Cost Savings Act of 2019, HB19-1176 into the Colorado House of Representatives, proponents of health care for everyone held a rally and march at the Colorado Capitol. Volunteer photographer Darral Freund contributes his time to the Colorado Foundation for Universal Health Care because, as a veteran and a former civil servant, he has great health care coverage. Hearing stories like retired Fremont County family physician Madeleine Jacobs told Wednesday of her patients dying because they couldn’t afford preventative care like colonoscopies and asthma medication, Freund said, “It just kills me.” Click on any image to see it larger, and all photo credit goes to Darral Freund.
What’s up with the Foundation?
- Talking Points: Health Care Cost Analysis Act HB19-1176
- Call for information and consumers
- Madeleine Jacobs, MD: Help turn the tide
- Doctors warm to single-payer health care
- Keep Universal Health Care On the Table: Talking Points for Legislators
- What the heck is ‘Single Payer Health Care?’
- Sign our petitions:
- Neurosurgeon’s RX for fixing health care
- Take Action Now!
- Wendell Potter to keynote June UHC converence