Universal health care systems gain a huge financial boost by using the provisions in Federal law that allow employers and employees to pay health care premiums with pre-tax dollars. For every $100 employers spend on insurance using pre-tax dollars, employees would need their employers to an increase payroll expenses between $119 and $165 dollars for the employee to have enough left, after taxes, to purchase the same $100 of health care insurance. How can this advantage be so large?
What’s up with the Foundation?
- The bills we support and why
- CO House Rep. Edie Hooton to introduce the health care cost bill!
- A71 celebration: Victory for the grassroots in Colorado!
- New speakers’ workshops add values to community building
- Stop Drug Price Gouging! Call, email these reps today!
- Federal judge: Amendment 71’s signature quota is unconstitutional
- Madeleine Jacobs, MD: Help turn the tide
- Framing our values matters
- Medicaid buy-in: Band-Aid and stall
- Foundation supports Sanders’ Medicare for All bill