Universal health care systems gain a huge financial boost by using the provisions in Federal law that allow employers and employees to pay health care premiums with pre-tax dollars. For every $100 employers spend on insurance using pre-tax dollars, employees would need their employers to an increase payroll expenses between $119 and $165 dollars for the employee to have enough left, after taxes, to purchase the same $100 of health care insurance. How can this advantage be so large?
What’s up with the Foundation?
- Madeleine Jacobs, MD: Help turn the tide
- Foundation supports Sanders’ Medicare for All bill
- To the power of all: Single-Payer health care’s popularity growing exponentially
- Hurricanes, shootings highlight need for universal health care
- Board grows, approves position statement, new website
- Stand up to Bully#1: Big Pharma
- Sign the petition allowing drug imports from Canada
- New Foundation team looking to bridge the great divide
- Moving beyond the ACA
- Rally for #HealthcareForAll Aug. 8 at the Courthouse!