Universal health care systems gain a huge financial boost by using the provisions in Federal law that allow employers and employees to pay health care premiums with pre-tax dollars. For every $100 employers spend on insurance using pre-tax dollars, employees would need their employers to an increase payroll expenses between $119 and $165 dollars for the employee to have enough left, after taxes, to purchase the same $100 of health care insurance. How can this advantage be so large?
What’s up with the Foundation?
- Talking Points: Import Prescription Drugs from Canada, SB19-005
- Talking Points: Health Care Cost Analysis Act HB19-1176
- Call for information and consumers
- Madeleine Jacobs, MD: Help turn the tide
- Doctors warm to single-payer health care
- Keep Universal Health Care On the Table: Talking Points for Legislators
- What the heck is ‘Single Payer Health Care?’
- Sign our petitions:
- Neurosurgeon’s RX for fixing health care
- Take Action Now!